UMD: A Globally Connected University
ENGR Exchange Global E3: UTT Universite de Technologie de Troyes (France)
All students accepted to an Exchange program are automatically considered for an award of $1,000! See Cost tab for more information.
UTT: Universite de Techonogie de Troyes is a member of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global E3), an exchange program for engineering students with partner universities in 21 countries. Students pay University of Maryland tuition.
UTT is located in Troyes, medieval town, 90 minutes away from Paris, in the heart of the Champagne region.
UTT is a French institution of higher education established in 1994. Our core missions are to conduct research, deliver education & training and facilitate technology transfer. UTT is today one of the largest engineering schools in France. Over 2,500 students are registered at the University, enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral study programs.
The University belongs to a network of universities of technology with the UTC-l’Université de Technologie de Compiègne and the UTBM -l’ Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard.
City of Troyes:
- Medieval town, old city center
- Medium-size lively, friendly city.
- Population of 120,000 (Greater Troyes)
- Student population of 9,000
- 1:30 hours from Paris
- A rich cultural heritage
- Close to the extensive Forêt d’Orient natural park and lake (swimming, boating, jet skiing…)
- 12,000 acres of lakes
- Champagne vineyards (17,000 acres)
- Many leading fashion brands available at factory prices
- Cultural and musical events
Exchange programs are highly competitive and space in each program is limited. You must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply to this program:
- 3.0 GPA
- Completion of 2 semesters at UMD
- You must be an ENGR major
Exchange programs are a good fit for students looking for immersion, personal growth, and the opportunity to strengthen qualities such as independence and adaptability.
Student Visa Information
A student visa is required for participation on this exchange. For more information, please visit our study abroad visa guide to view instructions for the country you will be visiting. Please note that visa information is subject to change and you are responsible for checking the embassy website for updates.
- Click "Apply Now" at the top of this page. You will log in with your UMD directory ID and password.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline listed below. This includes meeting with your EA advisor (listed at the top of this page), requesting a faculty letter of recommendation, and submitting an official transcript.
- FOR ENGR GE3 ONLY: If you are applying for a Global E3 exchange, you will need to submit an additional GE3 application by the deadline listed on their website.
- After the application deadline, we will review all completed applications and nominate students for available spots in each exchange program.
- If you are nominated to participate in this exchange, you will work with your EA advisor (listed above) to apply directly to the host university, who will formally admit you to the exchange program.
- Nominated students will then work with their EA advisor (listed above) and our partner universities to coordinate all aspects of the stay at the host university such as course registration, visas and arrival.
Students studying at UTT: Universite de Technologie de Troyes enroll for engineering courses. Review the Global E3 website for details about studying abroad at UTT. Most courses are taught in French, but sometimes courses are taught in English or English and French. A list of courses offered in English can be found here.
Disciplines available: Industrial Systems, Software and Information Systems Technology, Materials, Mechanical, Telecommunications, Control and Computer Engineering
Transfer credit for UTT is scheduled to be reviewed. Please contact the program advisor for additional information.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit towards your UMD degree. Most courses at UTT Universite de Technologie de Troyes will be converted as follows:
|UTT Universite de Technologie de Troyes Credit||UMD Credit|
|__ credit||__ credit|
|__ credit||__ credit|
The chart above was last approved by the UMD Transfer Credit Committee on ____
You can view how courses at this institution have previously been evaluated for UMD equivalents on the International Study Course Search hosted by the Clark School of Engineering website and the Transfer Credit Services Equivalency Database (TCEQ). If you are interested in taking a course not listed on TCEQ, you may have it evaluated for acceptability by following the UMD Registrar’s evaluation request guidelines.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|UTT Universite de Technologie de Troyes Grade||UMD Grade|
UTT assists students in finding accommodation provided students send the “Accommodation form" to the International Center with their application. Accommodation can be found on campus or in town center.
All students accepted to an Exchange program are considered for an automatic award of $1,000!
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a current degree seeking undergraduate UMD student (graduate students are not eligible for this award)
- Not currently receive full tuition scholarship/benefits (i.e. Banneker Key, tuition remission, TAES, etc.)
- If you have a completed FAFSA on file and wish to be considered for need based aid in addition to the automatic award, complete the EA fund form by the deadline.
UMD students participating in an Exchange have the benefit of paying UMD tuition rates to attend an institution abroad. For specific information on the cost of attending this Exchange, please see the UMD Exchange Cost Sheet
Tuition and fees for exchange programs are charged directly to your UMD account, which means you can apply UMD scholarships, state and federal financial aid, and alternative loans towards the cost of an exchange. Housing costs are paid directly to the host institution or on-site housing agency.
You can use the cost of attendance comparison worksheet to view how study abroad programs compare to each other and the amount you pay on campus at UMD. As always, your EA advisor (listed above) is available help you complete this worksheet and find affordable programs that fit your study abroad goals.
Please refer to the following resources for more information on funding study abroad:
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|
|Dates reflect information that is available on the program sponsor website. Please confirm with program sponsor/host university before making your travel plans.|