UMD: A Globally Connected University
BMGT Exchange: School of Economics & Business Administration, University of Navarra (Spain)
Universidad de Navarra, founded in 1952, is located in Pamplona, Spain. There are 13,197 students enrolled in the university and foreign students make up 13.74% of the total student body. The School of Economics and Business Administration recently moved to a new building in March 2012.
Pamplona, Navarre is famous for the San Fermin festival where the famous “running of the bulls” takes place. The city also hosts the Punto de Vista International Documentary Film Festival, the most important Spanish documentary film festival that is held annually. There are many Gothic cathedrals in the city’s landscape and a walk around the Taconera Park is a must before leaving the city. A medium-sized Spanish city, Pamplona is not far from Bilbao, Madrid, and Barcelona.
To read about students' experiences on the University of Navarra exchange program, visit the Smith Goes Global blog.
Exchange programs are highly competitive and space in each program is limited. You must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply to this program:
- 3.0 GPA
- Completion of 2 semesters at UMD
- You must be a BMGT major
Exchange programs are a good fit for students looking for immersion, personal growth, and the opportunity to strengthen qualities such as independence and adaptability.
Student Visa Information
- Click "Apply Now" at the top of this page. You will log in with your UMD directory ID and password.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline listed below. This includes meeting with your EA advisor (listed at the top of this page), requesting a faculty letter of recommendation, and submitting an official transcript.
- FOR ENGR GE3 ONLY: If you are applying for a Global E3 exchange, you will need to submit an additional GE3 application by the deadline listed on their website.
- After the application deadline, we will review all completed applications and nominate students for available spots in each exchange program.
- If you are nominated to participate in this exchange, you will work with your EA advisor (listed above) to apply directly to the host university, who will formally admit you to the exchange program.
- Nominated students will then work with their EA advisor (listed above) and our partner universities to coordinate all aspects of the stay at the host university such as course registration, visas and arrival.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit towards your UMD degree. Most courses at University of Navarra Credit will be converted as follows:
|University of Navarra Credit||UMD Credit|
|.5 ECTS||1 UMD Credit|
|6 ECTS||3 UMD Credit|
The chart above was last approved by the UMD Transfer Credit Committee on January 29, 2015.
You can view how courses at this institution have previously been evaluated for UMD equivalents on the Undergraduate Exchange page hosted by the Smith School of Business and the Transfer Credit Services Equivalency Database (TCEQ). If you are interested in taking a course not listed on TCEQ, you may have it evaluated for acceptability by following the UMD Registrar’s evaluation request guidelines.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|University of Navarra Grade||UMD Grade|
UMD students participating in an Exchange have the benefit of paying UMD tuition rates to attend an institution abroad. For specific information on the cost of attending this Exchange, please see the UMD Exchange Cost Sheet
Tuition and fees for exchange programs are charged directly to your UMD account, which means you can apply UMD scholarships, state and federal financial aid, and alternative loans towards the cost of an exchange. Housing costs are paid directly to the host institution or on-site housing agency.
You can use the cost of attendance comparison worksheet to view how study abroad programs compare to each other and the amount you pay on campus at UMD. As always, your EA advisor (listed above) is available help you complete this worksheet and find affordable programs that fit your study abroad goals.
Please refer to the following resources for more information on funding study abroad:
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|
|Dates reflect information that is available on the program sponsor website. Please confirm with program sponsor/host university before making your travel plans.|