UMD: A Globally Connected University
Arcadia University - Integrating Sports, Culture, and Society
This Program offers a unique opportunity to travel and study in three major Australian cities, Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
This exciting course is structured as a series of lectures, guest speakers, field studies and a wide range of activities. Such engaging learning styles will help you gain a deeper understanding of sport and its influence on Australian culture.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
Thinking about applying to this program?
This is not an official University of Maryland program, but you may still apply to it and receive credit for your studies (be sure you speak at with your academic advisor about specific credits and courses). To learn more about how to apply to an external program, please click here