Our mission is to empower University of Maryland students
with the knowledge, skills, and perspectives to become mindful and engaged global citizens - leaders and professionals with a strong sense of social responsibility who fearlessly embrace global and local challenges with optimism, passion, and innovative thinking.
- We provide culturally immersive programs that integrate with UMD’s curriculum across disciplines, giving students opportunities to develop intercultural and problem solving skills and involving them in civic engagement, professional development, and research experiences.
- We develop collaborative partnerships that augment a dynamic and robust program portfolio and advance UMD’s leadership in international education.
- We expand access to education abroad for underrepresented students through the strategic identification and removal of barriers and the allocation of resources in alignment with UMD’s vision of inclusive excellence.
- We support our students and campus community through a commitment to holistic advising, transparent practices, and continuous improvement.
- We foster an inclusive organizational culture that enables individuals to thrive, promoting teamwork, innovative thinking, and professional development.
Commitment to Diversity
At Education Abroad (EA), we highly value diversity in students, faculty, and staff and we are committed to non-discrimination. Program and scholarship decisions are not made on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disabling condition.
Commitment to Sustainability
Education Abroad is working towards becoming a bronze-certified member of the University of Maryland's Green Office Program through the Office of Sustainability. The program supports and promotes offices that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint.