UMD: A Globally Connected University
USAC Italy: Torino - International Business
|ABOUT USAC||PROGRAMS||SCHOLARSHIPS & MONEY MATTERS|
Study in Torino, Italy
* Due to the global health status worldwide, USAC is making programmatic changes to Summer & Fall 2020, Spring Accelerated 2021, and yearlong 2020/21 programs, and some options might not be available.
Two summer sessions
Programs Of Study
Language of Instruction
|USAC is a non-profit organization that offers programs in 28 countries, with many locations unique for study abroad.
Discover where you'll study abroad at usac.edu.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
UMD partners with USAC to offer affiliate program options to UMD students across the globe. While you will maintain your UMD student status while you are away, you will work directly with USAC program staff as a participant on their program. Your EA advisor, listed above, will assist you with this process and can answer your questions about the application process.
Academics on a USAC program
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
You will be required to order a transcript from your USAC sponsoring institution and have it sent to Education Abroad in order for your transfer credits to be evaluated and applied to your UMD degree. Information on this process will be available for you in your USAC Gateway Account under “Credit Transfer Instructions.” If enrolled in only courses approved as resident credit, an official transcript is not required.
Costs & Billing for a USAC program
The affiliate program costs apply to this program. More details about the specific fees for this program are available on the USAC program page.
As part of your program application to USAC, you will pay the $300 application/deposit fee to USAC directly. The remaining USAC program fees will be charged to your UMD student account. You will be able to use any financial aid you from UMD towards these charges.
Housing (if not included in program fee) and extra charges such as homestay meal supplement or costs for activities will be paid directly to USAC.
Scholarships for this program are available through the UMD Education Abroad Scholarship.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|