UMD: A Globally Connected University
London School of Economics (direct enroll)
The London School of Economics (LSE) is one of the premiere universities for economics, business, and political science in the UK. Students will study in the heart of London either for a summer or a full academic year. Summer students will have access to 115+ courses and can choose to study for one or multiple sessions. LSE only offers full year study for students during the academic year. Students who study at LSE for a summer or academic year will attend classes and live within central London and enjoy learning from highly trained social sciences and business faculty. LSE's summer school hosts students from around the globe for a truly international and truly London experience. While abroad, students will have the opportunity to explore all that London has to offer, including restaurants, entertainment, and cultural history- as well as a greater understanding of the economic, business, and political worlds on a global scale.
Course subjects offered include: Accounting, Business and Management, Economics, English Language, Finance, International Relations, Law, and Research Methods.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.