UMD: A Globally Connected University
Tel Aviv University International School (direct enroll)
Tel Aviv University (TAU) is Israel's largest university hosting over 30,000 students studying in nine faculties (colleges) and over 125 schools and departments across the sciences, humanities and arts. As a major teaching and research university with high rankings in both Israel and the world, TAU offers exchange students a unique opportunity to study at a comprehensive university in Israel’s cultural, financial and technological capital city.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit on your UMD transcript. UMD uses the following conversion to assess how many credits you will get from this program:
|TAU Credit||UMD Credit|
|1 TAU credit||1 UMD credit|
|3 TAU credits||3 UMD credits|
The chart above was last approved by the UMD Study Abroad Transfer Credit Committee on December 15, 2016.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|TAU Grade||UMD Grade|
|C- or 70||C -|
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|