UMD: A Globally Connected University
St. Louis University in Madrid
Located in the vibrant capital of Spain, St. Louis University (SLU) - Madrid is the European branch campus of Saint Louis University in Missouri and has been serving students since 1967. Each semester, SLU Madrid welcomes over 900 students from the United States, Spain, and more than 50 other countries.
Students are able to spend a semester, academic year, or summer term in Madrid studying courses taught in English in a variety of areas. SLU Madrid offers nearly 200 accredited courses to choose from every semester, including courses that fulfill requirements for degrees in business, engineering, and the health sciences. For students who wish to immerse themselves in Spanish culture and language, SLU Madrid offers language courses of all levels as well as liberal arts courses in Spanish.
For an additional price, SLU Madrid is able to place students with a host family or in a residence hall. Availability of these options is subject to change.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|