UMD: A Globally Connected University
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Summer University
The DTU International Summer University offers courses with instruction entirely in English for BSc students of engineering or related natural science programs. There are three three-week periods in June, July, and August, where you typically focus on one course each period. International students are invited to come to DTU for a 1-3 months during which you can follow one or more of the offered Summer University DTU courses.
After you apply in MyEA, you must complete the DTU application and turn in to Harrison Gill.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Summer University DTU offers 70-80 different 3-week courses in June, July, and August. A variety of courses are offered in the engineering field.
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD).
- If you are interested in taking an engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit an engineering course evaluation request.
- If you are interested in taking a non-engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
The DTU Summer University courses are charged at the UMD in-state tuition rate (regardless of residency status) and you will have to pay an accommodation fee directly to DTU. Each student should be prepared to cover own living expenses. UMD will charge you for tuition, Education Abroad fee, and international health insurance.
Fees billed by UMD include:
- 1/3 of in-state tuition (currently $1,441.83)
- $500 EA fee
- $45 CISI insurance
- Total = $1986.83
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.