UMD: A Globally Connected University
Yonsei International Summer School
The Yonsei International Summer School (YISS) offers students from around the world an exciting opportunity to learn from international faculty at one of Korea’s top universities. The program offers a wide range of courses in arts, culture, and humanities as well as management and economics, global issues, history, social sciences, and science and technology. In addition to coursework, students can participate in non-credit bearing corporate and research internships that will enhance their time in Korea. YISS brings together local Korean students with students from abroad, creating a multicultural learning environment.
Yonsei University is centrally located in Seoul, the dynamic capital city of South Korea. A major metropolitan city, Seoul has something for everyone, offering a wide range of cultural and recreational activities as well as historical monuments and a thriving city center. Students will explore how Korea blends history and modernity into a vibrant cultural force with global influence.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.