UMD: A Globally Connected University
Technion- Summer in Entrepreneurship with Professional Internship
Technion's Summer in Entrepreneurship with Professional Internship is offered through the Technion International School in Haifa, Israel. Technion invites tech-minded students from around the world to an unforgettable summer learning experience at Israel’s premier institute for science, technology and applied research. Students can study with renowned faculty and international peers to earn academic credits or intern at an Israeli engineering or start-up company to gain valuable work experience.
Professional Internships are directed work-study experiences taken in companies and industry sectors common to the Israeli economy. Working as an intern enables students to connect theory with practice and apply the engineering and/or scientific principles learned in the classroom to a real-world professional environment. Completing an internship abroad is an invaluable opportunity to learn about local business and engineering practices and customs, hone personal as well as professional skills and habits, and broaden perspectives. Internships are unpaid positions taken over a period of at least 10 weeks (minimum 200 hours).
Housing during the summer program is guaranteed during the academic period. Technion International will arrange a hostel for you outside of the Technion campus. If you are interested in doing an internship prior to the commencement of the course, then you will need to arrange accommodations on your own. Technion international will be happy to assist and recommend a hostel for you.
You will need to complete both a Maryland study abroad application and the Technion application by the due date.
- Application Due Date (for students taking courses only): March 15
- Application Due Date (for students interested in internship component): January 13
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
There are several courses offered on the Summer in Entrepreneurship with Professional Internship program. Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
The program fee depends on how many classes you choose to take, and whether or not you choose to take an internship.
|$2,000 (USD) for 1 course|
|$3,500 (USD) for 2 courses|
|$3,500 (USD) for Internship + 1 course|
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.