UMD: A Globally Connected University
AMIDEAST Intensive Arabic in Rabat, Morocco (Summer)
The Summer Intensive Arabic Program in Rabat, Morocco offers two 4-week sessions. All students take Modern Standard Arabic (5 credits/session) and Colloquial Arabic (1 credit/session), for a total of 6 credits per session. Classes meet five hours per day, five days per week. All levels, from Beginner to Advanced, are available.
Session 1 runs from mid-June to mid-July and Session 2 runs from mid-July to mid-August. One summer session covers the material usually presented in one semester on a U.S. campus. Students are given placement tests on arrival and placed in the level appropriate for their Arabic language proficiency.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.