UMD: A Globally Connected University
Nanyang Technological University: GEM Trailblazer Summer Programme
Spend a summer in Singapore at the GEM Trailblazer Summer Program!
In order to take part in summer NTU programme, you must:
- be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university which has an exchange agreement with NTU
- achieve a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- be nominated by UMD to go on exchange with NTU. Non-nominated students may apply on fee-paying basis.
- be proficient in the English language
Students enrolled in the NTU Summer Programme live on campus in one of 18 resident halls. On campus accommodation is guaranteed. Learn more about on campus accommodation at NTU, costs, and what to bring on the NTU website.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
The GEM Trailblazer Summer Programme offers 5 tracks:
- Track 1: Chinese Language & Cultural Studies
- Track 2: Entrepreneurship & Innovation Asia
- Track 3: Creative Design & Media (7 New modules! )
- Track 4: Success in the Globalised Marketplace (4 New modules!)
- Track 5: New Technologies, New World (1 New module!)
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
University of Maryland students enroll as fee-paying students but receive a 60% discount off NTU GEMTrailblazer Summer Tuition Fees. Additional information regarding fees can be found on the NTU website.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.