UMD: A Globally Connected University
BMGT Exchange: RMIT Vietnam (Vietnam)
All students accepted to an Exchange program are automatically considered for an award of $1,000! See Cost tab for more information.
RMIT Vietnam is the Asian campus of Australia-based Royal Melbourne University of Technology (RMIT). RMIT Vietnam offers students the unique opportunity to take coursework sponsored by a world-class university in a unique and innovative setting.
RMIT is home to more than 6,000 students and staff from around the world. The campus has world class facilities and a host of student clubs and activities to make your experience unforgettable.
RMIT Vietnam is located in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), formally known as Saigon. HCMC is the largest city in Vietnam and is host to a wide array of cultural institutions, restaurants, and shopping. It is a city of contrasts; ancient streets with incense-infused temples as well as the national hub of commerce, driving Vietnam’s economy.
HCMC is an excellent study abroad destination to explore an emerging economy and to discover the rich history of a country recently in turmoil. Don’t miss the impressive Jade Emperor Pagoda, browse the food and clothing stalls in the Ben Thanh Market, and visit the Remnants Museum, which shows the Vietnam War through the eyes of the Vietnamese. Students studying at RMIT Vietnam will immerse themselves in a rich and complex culture and return home with new perspective on the world.
Exchange programs are highly competitive and space in each program is limited. You must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply to this program:
- 3.0 GPA
- Completion of 2 semesters at UMD
- You must be a BMGT major
Exchange programs are a good fit for students looking for immersion, personal growth, and the opportunity to strengthen qualities such as independence and adaptability.
Student Visa Information
A student visa is required for participation on this exchange. For more information, please visit our study abroad visa guide to view instructions for the country you will be visiting. Please note that visa information is subject to change and you are responsible for checking the embassy website for updates.
- Click "Apply Now" at the top of this page. You will log in with your UMD directory ID and password.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline listed below. This includes meeting with your EA advisor (listed at the top of this page), requesting a faculty letter of recommendation, and submitting an official transcript.
- FOR ENGR GE3 ONLY: If you are applying for a Global E3 exchange, you will need to submit an additional GE3 application by the deadline listed on their website.
- After the application deadline, we will review all completed applications and nominate students for available spots in each exchange program.
- If you are nominated to participate in this exchange, you will work with your EA advisor (listed above) to apply directly to the host university, who will formally admit you to the exchange program.
- Nominated students will then work with their EA advisor (listed above) and our partner universities to coordinate all aspects of the stay at the host university such as course registration, visas and arrival.
RMIT Vietnam offers coursework in Accounting, Economics and Finance, International Business, Marketing, Communication, Entrepreneurship, Business Information Systems, Digital Media, and Information Technology.
More detailed information for each area can be found on the RMIT Vietnam website.
The Smith School of Business has approved a number of courses offered at RMIT Vietnam. Please view RMIT Smith course equivalences.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit towards your UMD degree. Most courses at UNSW will be converted as follows:
|RMIT Vietnam Grade||UMD Grade|
|.3 RMIT Credit||1 UMD Grade|
|12 RMIT||4 UMD Grade|
The credit conversion listed above was approved by the UMD Study Abroad Transfer Credit Committee on June 5, 2014.
You can view how courses at this institution have previously been evaluated for UMD equivalents on the Undergraduate Exchange page hosted by the Smith School of Business and the Transfer Credit Services Equivalency Database (TCEQ). If you are interested in taking a course not listed on TCEQ, you may have it evaluated for acceptability by following the UMD Registrar’s evaluation request guidelines.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|RMIT Vietnam Credit||UMD Credit|
RMIT Vietnam offers on campus housing to students who apply. Residences are brand new and offer 24/7 on-site management. Students have a variety of on-campus housing to choose from including single studio apartments and shared three and five bedroom apartments.
Residence halls have kitchens on every level which offer students the convenience of cooking their own meals and meeting other students. The campus also offers other dining on campus. Learn more about on-campus options and costs on the RMIT Vietnam website.
All students accepted to an Exchange program are considered for an automatic award of $1,000!
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a current degree seeking undergraduate UMD student (graduate students are not eligible for this award)
- Not currently receive full tuition scholarship/benefits (i.e. Banneker Key, tuition remission, TAES, etc.)
- If you have a completed FAFSA on file and wish to be considered for need based aid in addition to the automatic award, complete the EA fund form by the deadline.
UMD students participating in an Exchange have the benefit of paying UMD tuition rates to attend an institution abroad. For specific information on the cost of attending this Exchange, please see the UMD Exchange Cost Sheet
Tuition and fees for exchange programs are charged directly to your UMD account, which means you can apply UMD scholarships, state and federal financial aid, and alternative loans towards the cost of an exchange. Housing costs are paid directly to the host institution or on-site housing agency.
You can use the cost of attendance comparison worksheet to view how study abroad programs compare to each other and the amount you pay on campus at UMD. As always, your EA advisor (listed above) is available help you complete this worksheet and find affordable programs that fit your study abroad goals.
Please refer to the following resources for more information on funding study abroad:
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|
|Dates reflect information that is available on the program sponsor/host university website. The dates above do not include orientation. Please confirm with program sponsor/host university before making your travel plans.|
|NOTE: Dates reflect information that is available on the program sponsor/host university website. The dates above do not include orientation. Please confirm with program sponsor/host university before making your travel plans.|