UMD: A Globally Connected University
City University Business School (direct enroll)
City University Business School is the only business school that is located in the City of London – one of the world’s most dynamic financial centers. Ranked 12th in Europe by the Financial Times and the undergraduate program ranked 3rd in the UK by The Guardian, City University Business School is well regarded in business education.
As one of the largest financial centers in the world, there is no better place to study business than the capital of the United Kingdom. In addition to the business sectors that make the city exciting, London is a center of the arts, entertainment, fashion, and tourism. With enough neighborhoods and sites (Buckingham Palace, Parliament, the London Eye – just to name a few) to keep a visitor busy, students will not want to leave!
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit towards your UMD degree. Most courses at City University Business School will be converted as follows:
|City University Credit||UMD Credit|
|0.3 City University credit||1 UMD credit|
|15 City University credits||4 UMD credits|
The credit conversion listed above was approved by the UMD Study Abroad Transfer Credit Committee on June 10, 2014.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|City University Grade||UMD Grade|
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|
|Dates reflect information that is available on the program sponsor website. Please confirm with program sponsor/host university before making your travel plans.|