UMD: A Globally Connected University
This is a study abroad program for resume builders. Pursue an internship (not for academic credit) at a company or organization in Shanghai. Study Chinese language. Take electives in a variety of disciplines such as business, economics, history or political science. CET Shanghai introduces students of all majors and Chinese language levels to the challenges and rewards of working abroad.
Explore China Your Way
- Internships at corporations, businesses, not-for-profits, retail enterprises, hotels, start-ups
- 6-credit Chinese language classes
- Electives in: business, economics, history, political science, area studies, film
- Local roommates
- No language prerequisite
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|