UMD: A Globally Connected University
University of Melbourne (direct enroll) - ENGR
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching, and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 34 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014).
Melbourne has globally aligned, internationally recognized curriculum cements the university among the best universities in the world and will provide students with a depth in learning and breadth of experience that will best equip them for their future careers. The Melbourne experience is more than just lectures and study sessions. As a University of Melbourne student, you can get involved in the many campus activities on offer, enjoy amazing new experiences, and make lifelong friends along the way.
Melbourne is the second most populated city in Australia. An international center for performing and visual arts, Melbourne is often referred to as Australia's cultural capital. It is home to many of Australia's largest and oldest cultural institutions such as the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne Museum, Melbourne Zoo, the National Gallery of Victoria, and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD).
- If you are interested in taking an engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit an engineering course evaluation request.
- If you are interested in taking a non-engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit on your UMD transcript. UMD uses the following conversion to assess how many credits you will get from this program:
|University of Melbourne Credit||UMD Credit|
|1 Melbourne point||0.32 UMD credit|
|12.5 Melbourne points||4 UMD credits|
The chart above was last approved by the UMD Study Abroad Transfer Credit Committee on February 12, 2015.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|University of Melbourne Grade||UMD Grade|
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Program Start||Program End|