UMD: A Globally Connected University
Queen Mary University of London (direct enroll) - ENGR
As a student at Queen Mary, you will immerse yourself in a chosen subject while studying in the heart of Eastern London. Queen Mary stands out amongst other London institutions as a self-contained campus. You can join students from across the world in studying at one of fourteen academic schools and will have access to over 900 modules. Queen Mary has distinguished itself as a leading institution in the UK, ranked in the top 120 in the world according to the QS University World Rankings (2019). As such, it attracts students from around the globe and boasts a very diverse, international student body. In contrast to other universities in London, Queen Mary is located in the Shoreditch neighborhood in the heart of East London, one of the most progressive and trendy areas of the city. Students enjoy a self-contained campus while also having access to the cultural mecca of central London and its many attractions just a short Tube ride away.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD).
- If you are interested in taking an engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit an engineering course evaluation request.
- If you are interested in taking a non-engineering course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
All credit you earn on this program will count as transfer credit on your UMD transcript. UMD uses the following conversion to assess how many credits you will get from this program:
|Queen Mary University of London Credit||UMD Credit|
|15 credits||3 UMD credits|
|60 credits||12 UMD credits|
The chart above was last approved by the UMD Study Abroad Transfer Credit Committee on August 1, 2019.
Undergraduates must receive a C- equivalent or better in order to be eligible for the transfer of credit.
|Queen Mary University of London Grade||UMD Grade|
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.