UMD: A Globally Connected University
Waseda University Summer Program
The Waseda University Summer Session offers students an exciting opportunity to explore Tokyo while studying at one of Japan’s top private universities. Enroll in a variety of courses such as Japanese language, art and literature, history, economics, culture, business, sociology and political science in the context of Asia and Japan. Extracurricular activities include field trips in and around Tokyo to cultural sites, and opportunities to meet local Waseda students. The Summer Session offers housing in apartments and on-campus dormitories. More information is provided upon admission.
Maximize your time abroad by taking advantage of resources at your host institution!
*These resource guides provide general information about services at UMD’s partner institution. For more information, consult your EA advisor.
Visit the Academics & Study Abroad page which outlines key considerations for your academic planning as you navigate different phases of study abroad:
- Pre-Departure Course Selection & Approval
- Finalizing Course Enrollment Abroad
- Transcripts and Credits on your UMD Record
Browse UMD course evaluations in the Study Abroad Course Database:
There may be other course offerings on this program that are not currently listed in the Study Abroad Course Database (SACD). If you are interested in taking a course not listed in the SACD, please submit a transfer credit evaluation request.
Costs for Other Approved Programs are outlined on the Costs of Study Abroad page.
To apply to this program, you must complete two main steps:
- Submit a UMD approval application - start by clicking “apply now” at the top of this page. This application allows UMD Education Abroad to approve your study abroad program selection so you may earn credit in a program outside of UMD.
This application will require you to meet with your EA advisor, who will communicate important details related to participating in this program. If you do not complete this application by the stated deadline, you may not receive credit for your study abroad program and will lose your student status for the time you are not studying at UMD.
- Apply directly to the program provider. After receiving UMD approval, you should submit the program application directly to the program sponsor by their deadline. Your program sponsor will determine your official acceptance to a program. You must adhere to the provider's timeline, eligibility standards, and application requirements.
After being accepted to your program, your EA advisor will guide you through the course pre-approval process where you will determine which credits you will fulfill abroad.